It is very easy for many Americans to think that the obesity epidemic is a distinctly American problem. Seriously, it is very easy for most Americans to conclude this. Why, the United States has been blessed as far as farming is concerned. Let’s just get that out of the way. For the vast majority of the world, if you are a farmer you basically are going to have a rough life.

You are going to be on your knees digging, you are going to be sweating to get the ground to bear fruit, you are going to have to irrigate it not so much with water but your blood, sweat, and tears. Farming is no joke. In fact, farming is one such profession that many second-generation children simply want to leave.

They want to turn their back completely on this way of life and never see it again. I really cannot blame them because in most parts of the world farming is hard-breaking labor. In places like Israel, Canada, Australia, Western Europe, and North America, farming is a different beast altogether. In fact, only a small fraction of the population is able to feed the rest of the 99%.

Seriously, in the United States, the number of farmers in the general population is less than 1%, yet they are able to feed the remaining 99%. How are they able to do that? Machinery. Rarely do you see an American farmer physically planting and harvesting, irrigating, and fertilizing his crops. That usually just doesn’t happen. It is not even in people’s imagination. It’s almost unthinkable.

Instead, they hop on to a huge air-conditioned tractor guided by a GPS system, in many cases a lot of these are on autopilot. You can harvest, you can plant, you can apply fertilizer, you can do a million other things that you normally would have to do by hand using a tractor. The best part is you could be reading the paper, playing a videogame, or watching stuff from the Internet and the truck basically cleans up where you left off.

The tractor basically does you job and it is no surprise that this has produced a massive oversupply of food in America and not surprisingly people’s waistlines are just bursting. People are just getting fatter and fatter year after year. Believe it or not, Iraqi women are having the same problems because agricultural revolution is spreading all over the world.

People are getting access to cheaper food and this is producing more and more diabetes cases. This has been leading to certain types of cancer, worst yet it has been killing people prematurely in the form of an explosion in cardiovascular diseases. It is no surprise that a lot of Iraqi women have discovered Nutrisystem.

Nutrisystem while not full-proof nor perfect is a great way to lose weight. It’s low impact, it doesn’t require you to starve yourself, it definitely doesn’t feel like some sort of punishment. So, do yourself a big favor, join this trend of Iraqi women discovering Nutrisystem because they are definitely on to an amazing thing.